What Is Elder Care?
Elder care also referred to as senior care, is a special care service designed to meet the varied needs and requirements of senior citizen home care. Elder care is a vast field and includes varied services like assisted living, nursing care, adult day care, and home care. Although old age itself is no reason to consider Eldercare, it is the varied physical disabilities and diseases that lead a person to contemplate availing elder care services. A large number of senior citizens still live with their family and their care is jointly undertaken by family members. However, in today’s situation, there are cases when most family members work and are unable to give proper attention and care to their ailing seniors and as such seek reliable and efficient eldercare programs.
Eldercare is specialized care that is designed to meet the needs and requirements of senior citizens at various stages of life. It’s a broad term that encompasses everything from assisted living and nursing care to home care and hospice care. It is a comprehensive and unique preventive/therapeutic solution for the senior population of the country.
Zupiter brings to you a comprehensive healthcare solution for all aging needs. Our Care Plans are specially crafted in catering to individual healthcare needs. With a dedicated Health Manager assigned, who ensures all your healthcare needs are taken care of, be rest assured. Through this plan, we also assist you with services such as
- Doctor Visits,
- Diagnostic Services,
- Trained Attendants,
- Medical Equipment,
- Physiotherapy and
Why Eldercare At Home
Elder care often becomes necessary when the elder starts experiencing difficulty with activities of daily living, both independently and safely. Daily activities may include cleaning, cooking, dressing, bathing, driving, taking medicines, etc.
Elder Care is mostly needed when there is a gradual decline in an elder’s health with growing age, but it may also arise in emergency cases. For example, the elder one in your family is recovering from a broken joint or recently had a heart stroke and is still going through the cognitive and physical after effects
The type of elder care that is ideal for a person is majorly dependent upon the type and severity of health conditions he/she suffers from, and the challenges experienced as a result.
Getting old could be a difficult experience when your health starts to deteriorate and you get increasingly dependent on others for your daily activities. It is at this time that the elderly require the most care and compassion. The importance of proper elderly care can never be overstated as they too deserve the dignity of life. Although modern constraints of life do not always allow people to take care of their elderly, however, they can always opt for appropriate elderly home health care services for the smooth functioning of their life.
Some Of The Common Reasons People Seek Elder Care Include:
A) PHYSICAL DIFFICULTIES
Numerous health problems may arise as people age and they are not able to perform many of the daily activities they once could. Their body may become more rigid, more fragile, and less resilient. Physical impairments related to particular diseases can also come in. Sometimes elders don’t report a physical impairment, hence it is important to get a complete physical examination on a regular basis.
B) COGNITIVE DIFFICULTIES
With growing age, some cognitive problems can be expected. But severe cognitive problems can impair the ability of elders to live safely and independently. They can cause memory issues, difficulty in understanding or speaking language, difficulty regulating emotions, or difficulty in making judgments. Progressive and severe dementia can cause safety concerns and should be taken seriously.
C) EMOTIONAL PROBLEMS
Feeling of loneliness or unimportance, inability to do things that they once enjoyed, or fighting a long illness can cause elders to experience emotional problems. The elders may become irritable, socially awkward, or may even have suicidal thoughts. Close observation and support are needed in such cases.
The type of geriatric care needed depends on the health condition of the old person and the severity of the problem and the type of care needed. Most people don’t require full-time nurses, while there are a few who need a 24/7 caregiver owing to the severity of their problem.
Our Specialized Care Packages Under Elder Care Plan
⮚ DEMENTIA CARE
The progression of Dementia requires care for loved ones. In the later stages of Dementia, patients need more care and assistance than family or relatives can provide at home. That’s when Zupiter can help your loved ones with our specialized services like trained care companions (nursing attendants), dedicated health manager to take care of their needs, diagnostic services like labs, emergency management including hospital coordination, Counselling sessions for family, Customized Eldercare Plan Management including specialist Dr. teleconsultation & Exclusive activity for Dementia care – (through STN)
⮚ ORTHO CARE – HIP/KNEE REPLACEMENT CARE
- After the surgery, post knee/hip replacement care is important for the physical rehabilitation of the patient. This care service builds up muscle strength which helps the patient get back to his normal daily activities much faster.
- Zupiter offers the safest and most comprehensive Post Knee/Hip Replacement care service that is available in the market today. Based on the initial assessment conducted by our physiotherapist, an assigned physical therapist will conduct daily sessions with the patient to implement the rehabilitation program created to restore his or her normal movements, ease the pain and swelling away and build up the strength in the surrounding muscles and joints.
- To facilitate faster recovery and strength build-up, a well-trained caretaker will assist the patient in his or her day to day activities. Our team of medical experts will perform a comprehensive medical check-up and health monitoring twice a week to check the patient’s health and vital signs. He will also manage and supervise the medical regiments of the patient and create recommendations according to the recovery status and wellbeing of your elder.
- Our doctor will conduct home visits to check the progress of the rehabilitation program and assess the status of his or her recovery from the knee/hip surgery to ensure that everything is on track and no problems or complications have risen. Besides the Health manager will also be appointed to take care of the needs of patients
⮚ POST COVID CARE
- To help our elderly patients in these difficult times Zupiter has come up with a specially designed post covid care plan which provides Full body assessment, Antibody titer test at home, 24×7 Helpdesk, Emergency Coordination, Interactive Online engagement activities like yoga, meditation, etc.
- Dedicated health manager support, General physician consultation and follow up, Immunity booster diet chart customized by our nutritionist with online consultation & Online physio sessions to build respiratory capacity and lung function.
⮚ POST HOSPITALIZATION /STROKE CARE
- This plan is primarily designed to take care and rehabilitate your family members and loved ones after surgery, major medical procedure, or illness. Its goal is to ensure that the patient suffers no complications or problems on his path to recovery.
- In addition to that, post-acute care surgery makes the recovery process more comfortable at home by making sure that all the medical needs, health monitoring, treatment, attention, and care are provided for his convenience.
- Daily therapy sessions like Speech Therapy, keeping balance and walking, etc. Nurse assistance and care 12 /24 hrs a day, Health manager support, Weekly doctor visit and teleconsultation, Physio home Visit, Personalized diet plan, 24×7 Emergency Response, and hospital assistance for appointments if required all the benefits included in the plan.
⮚ COMPANIONSHIP CARE
- The loss of a spouse, the inability to do things once enjoyed, a change in the family living situation, such as adult children moving away or the feelings of unimportance are all issues that can create emotional disturbance and the feeling of loneliness among the elders & in order to help them overcome such emotions, we at Zupiter have specially designed this plan which would provide the elderly with an Independent professional caretaker who will assist them with day to day activities and take them to the hospital if needed, etc.
- We would also provide them with a dedicated health manager who would take care of their other needs. Besides, Online engagement activities like yoga, meditation, laughing clubs, etc. monthly counseling sessions, Monthly doctor visits and teleconsultations, and last but not least Tele and visiting companions to help them overcome their loneliness and keep them engaged are also included in the plan
⮚ PARKINSON’S CARE
- Zupiter offers the most successful and effective Parkinson’s care program that can help you control and manage various health conditions safely and more efficiently. We provide our elders with regular health screenings, Cognitive assessments, and monitoring to detect the onset of new diseases and to identify the risk factors involved with the patient’s health conditions to take action and provide the necessary solutions.
- Based on the patient’s medical history, hospital records, and family history our medical staff will provide the patient with the appropriate treatment, Physiotherapy sessions, Neurologist consult/Physician Review, and Customized Elder Care Plan Management. Besides, our capable and caring specialist doctors will conduct weekly visits to perform the necessary services that are mentioned above.
- Furthermore, our nursing attendant will assist, supervise, and monitor the patient to educate them about his or her disease, check his health condition, provide the necessary treatment and medicines, and help the patient control and manage his or her disease effectively. Besides, Emergency management and dedicated HM support is also an add on the benefit provided to patients.
How To Prepare For Elderly Care Service At Home
Before you pick any home care services for the elderly, there are a few important things you need to keep in mind as per your specific requirement. For instance, the type of care needed and the type of care available, the types of elderly health care services offered to provide overall care, and the services that can be modified to suit your need.
After having selected an appropriate geriatric care program, there are a few things that you need to make prior preparation for effective and smooth elder care at home
- Keep all the prescriptions and medications of the elderly handy as the caregiver would ask for them.
- Note down and provide a family member’s contact number in case of emergencies.
- Note down the doctor’s name and contact numbers who have been overlooking the elderly healthcare services.
- Provide the list of diet and nutritional needs as prescribed by the doctor so that the caregiver can plan meals accordingly.
- Prepare a list of activities or exercises to be performed by the elderly as prescribed by the doctor, so that the caregiver is aware of it and would help the elderly in doing so.
- Inform the caregiver of any special needs or concerns that needs to be taken care of by the caregiver.
Caring for the elderly can be extremely challenging if the caregiver is not able to strike a chord with the elderly. However, our caregivers are compassionate people and know how to establish a bond to provide proper care. And as much as physical care is needed, all that the elderly long for is someone to listen to them and communicate with them. Our caregivers are appropriately trained to give overall elder care at home that includes their physical and mental well being.